UK Postal Strikes - Affected Areas
14 August 2009 - Steve Lawson
Further disruption to postal deliveries and collections in the UK are expected this week as the CWU members step up industrial action with a series of 24 hour strikes at Royal Mail.
Areas affected include East Anglia, London, the South West and other parts of the UK. Royal Mail network drivers will again be striking affecting all cross-country mail services. Full details of strike action are listed below.
Monday 17th August:
* Coventry delivery office (~500 staff)
* Leamington Spa delivery office (~140 staff)
* London Airport Mail Unit (~120 staff)
* London Mount Pleasant (over 2,000 staff in deliveries, collections and sorting)
* Nottingham East delivery office (~50 staff)
* Stoke-on-Trent (continuous strike action)
Wednesday 19th August:
Network drivers (~1,300 staff) at:
* Birmingham Vehicle Operation Centre
* East London Regional Distribution Centre
* East London VOC
* Essex RDC,
* Greenford VOC
* National Distribution Centre, Northampton
* Nine Elms VOC, Vauxhall
* Peterborough VOC
* Princes Royal Distribution Centre Indoor and VOC, north London
* South West Regional Distribution Centre Indoor and Drivers, Bristol
* Yorkshire Distribution Centre VOC, Leeds
Plus all of London deliveries, collections and sorting with the exception of Mount Pleasant and London Airport Mail Unit.
Thursday 20th August
* Peterborough delivery office
Friday 21st August
* Peterborough collection drivers
* Kings Lynn delivery office
Saturday 22nd August
* Boston delivery office
* Carrickfergus delivery office (Northern Ireland)
Monday 24th August:
* Skegness Delivery Office Lincolnshire
* Huntingdon Delivery Office Huntingdonshire
Hellmail news and articles are licensed under a Creative Commons License. and may be reproduced if a return link is provided. If you wish to quote particular sections of this article in your own work, you must seek formal approval from the Hellmail editor first - except where displaying Hellmail content automatically via Feedburner or our Rss feed or Webmaster code and you own that site.
No related articles
Hellmail is a wholly independent UK and European postal news service. We are uniquely placed to provide Small Business, Mail order houses, E-tailers, Direct Marketeers and businesses reliant on post and parcel services ways to save money on postage costs and showcase new products and services from both public and private European operators as well as forewarning of any regulatory or price changes. We particularly welcome articles and press releases by industry specialists and practitioners. For more information about Hellmail, click here.
SMS: Get updates via SMS by texting 'follow Hellmail' to 86444 in the United Kingdom
Information on advertising opportunities can be found here
Hellmail content is covered by copyright and may not be reproduced without a return link to the article.